Bettison Presents at Hamline School of Law on Health Care Crisis Communications
Stacy served as a guest lecturer at Hamline University School of Law’s Health Care Compliance Skills course on April 7, 2014. She presented “Critical Strategies — Health Care Crisis Communications & Management.” Among the topics Stacy covered:
- Key elements of strong reputations
- Objectives after a health care, health clinic or hospital crisis
- The importance of having a media plan
- How to ensure accurate investigations
- Coordinating legal, business and communications strategies
- The need to be responsive, quickly
- Why monitoring media coverage is so important
- How to assert legal defenses without appearing defensive
- And much, much more.
Stacy, a licensed attorney, former litigator and communications strategist, regularly speaks and provides training on a variety of topics including crisis and legal communications, issues management and media relations.